"...and the world will live as one" 🎵
The UN Human Rights office have just launched a year-long campaign to celebrate next year's 75th anniversary of the UDHR using the slogan "Dignity, Freedom and Justice for All ."
"Human rights are the foundation for human dignity, and the cornerstone of peaceful, inclusive, fair, equal and prosperous societies. They are a unifying force and a rallying cry. They reflect the most fundamental thing we share — our common humanity." UN Secretary-General António Guterres.
Can you imagine a world where all humans experienced the same freedoms and rights? A world that is peaceful and united? John Lennon wasn't the only dreamer imagining a world where we live as one -- we all hope for a better, fairer and more peaceful world, but growing inequality threatens that future.
When we know better, we can do better so this month take a little time to:
- Learn more about the UDHR - did you now that there are 30 human rights?
- Understand how human rights affect your daily life
- Listen to others opinions and views, without judgement
- Share with others why human rights are so important
- Speak up and stand up for the decent and compassionate society we want to live in.
As my Grandmother Dorothy said to me when I was 4 years old "If you walk past it, you tell the world it's ok".