"Dignity, Freedom, and Justice for All"
– Now that's a call we can all get behind, isn't it? This was the central theme of Human Rights Day 2023
, officially celebrated yesterday on December 10. This significant day also marked the 75th anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR)
, a global pledge to protect the inherent rights of every individual - all 30 of them
Just imagine a world where every human enjoys the same freedoms and rights – a world that's peaceful and united. Sign me up for that vision!
In light of this important occasion, I thought I’d share some resources for you to explore, featuring photos and artworks that aim to invite reflection on the beauty of the human experience, the challenges we face, and, most importantly, the collective responsibility we hold in safeguarding and celebrating the inherent dignity and rights of every individual.
While words possess their own power, the saying "a picture is worth a thousand words" precisely captures how visuals can narrate stories and evoke emotions in ways that words sometimes struggle to convey fully.
Take a moment to explore these snapshots of humanity, and perhaps, they'll be a catalyst for meaningful conversations and a deeper appreciation of the values you hold dear.
- Photography 4 Humanity: Photographers worldwide capture the essence of human rights through their lens.
- 'The World in Faces': a captivating journey through the diverse cultures of the world, presented through striking portraits of Indigenous Peoples.
- 'Art & Human Rights': An exhibition showcasing the works of 40 young artists hailing from 18 countries.
- Saatchi Art Showcase: A visual journey exploring human rights through captivating paintings, sketches, and artworks